The "ideal" sequence?
People have asked for suggestions for the sorts of activity combinations they should use for sequences.
The difficulty with this is that it depends on a lot of factors:
- whether it's a text resource, a matching resource, or both;
- the length of the text / number of matching items;
- how much exposure to the particular text students have already had -- how new it is to them;
- whether you want to use it for homework or for classwork;
- how long you expect to spend on the sequence (and if in class, the maximum time you have available for all students to complete the sequence);
- what devices your students will use to complete the sequence;
- what additional support you provide;
- what score you expect students to get (do you want a high pass grade, for example?)
- the level / ability of the students, etc, etc
Below I'll share some thoughts on some of the above (in no particular order). And in the second part of this post I'll make a couple of general suggestions for combinations of activities, and give a few examples.
(But please don't expect the "perfect" sequence. Too many variables, I'm afraid...)