N.B. The content of this blog post is out of date. Please see this post instead:
Most textivate users will be aware that you can share links to textivate (shareable & public) resources in a number of ways, as explained on this post:
To recap, you can share a link to...:
- the home page (i.e. the edit screen containing the text). e.g. www.textivate.com/aocjn1
- the menu page (with the thumbnails for all the activities). e.g. www.textivate.com/menu-aocjn1
- an activity page. e.g. www.textivate.com/3x4-aocjn1
You'll notice that all of these end in a 6-character resource identifier -- in this case "aocjn1".
This blog post looks at how you can fine tune the urls for individual activities (case 3 above) to configure the exercise screen when the student lands on it. This fine tuning involves adding extra info to the resource identifier.
IMPORTANT: The modification can work in 2 ways:
- use "e" to enforce the configuration (i.e. the configuration can't be changed on the screen)
- use "s" to specify the start configuration (i.e. the configuration can be changed)
Read on for a guide on which activity urls can be fine-tuned and how to go about it...