If you have a textivate Premium or Group subscription, your students get a shared student password which enables them to:
- Browse the public resources on textivate.
- Modify existing resources and do activities "on the fly".
- Create their own activities "on the fly".
- Save their own texts in local storage for access on the same device (or on the same user profile if on a school network).
- Copy and paste their resources between textivate and other text storage such as word docs, txt files or email messages.
Enhancing "on the fly" resources with extra features
In addition to a text or a list of matching items, students can also add...
- A parallel text (containing a translation of the text in English, or containing notes as prompts to reproduce the parallel text)
- Text-to-speech! -- with all of the usual caveats regarding the accuracy of text-to-speech, it can be really useful in helping students to learn the correct pronunciation.
- A parallel audio or video.
With regard to speaking controlled assessments this means that students can add notes and audio / TTS (text-to-speech) to their practice text, and it's dead easy to do.
Here's what you have to do: